A PAT Test or Portable Appliance Test is a process to ensure electrical devices remain safe. It’s an important part of any Health & Safety policy.
Every year we perform over one hundred thousand PAT tests across Hampshire, Surrey, Berkshire and the South-East. At least one in every ten appliances fail the test the first time. That’s one in ten appliances that are capable of causing serious shock or injury, even death.
Why PAT Test?
- To comply with the legislation.
- To comply with some insurance company requirements.
- To protect the integrity and professionalism of your company.
- To protect your company from possible prosecution.
- To protect your employees and visiting clients on your premises.
All electrical equipment is subject to wear and tear. This wear and tear could make the equipment dangerous to use. A PAT test will identify any damage, and reduces the risk of prosecution should an injury occur.