With Christmas nearly upon us, soon will be the time to crack open your long stored tree lights, so to be safe this year follow these simple steps,
- Visually check the lights to make sure they are safe – they have been stored for along time and may of deteriorated.
- Avoid using extension leads and try to plug directly to the wall sockets to avoid overloading.
- Low voltage lights are safer than mains powered, produce less heat and safer if touched.
- Avoid flammable materials around mains lights as these heat up and could cause a fire.
- Use garden lights only if they are designed and rated for this type of use.
- Have your electrical items checked by a qualified NICEIC PAT Tester if in doubt.
Wishing you a safe & Merry Xmas.